Home > Ati Driver > Ati Driver Thinkpad T400

Ati Driver Thinkpad T400

My old Thinkpad has the UltraNav utility for customizing the Trackpad/Trackpoint settings. The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Are there others having similar problems? insertinanename Ars Legatus Legionis Tribus: Washington, DC Registered: Jun 6, 2005Posts: 10768 Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:53 pm I don't remeber ever reading a negative review on notebookreview.com, so take have a peek here

This was my favorite part of this review. Works great on my machine, sucks on all XP machines. Brimstar Ars Scholae Palatinae Registered: Apr 17, 2001Posts: 1329 Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:46 am quote:Originally posted by Kai Z:I've been using my T400 with switchable graphics in Windows Vista So don't bother buying this laptop for the "Switchable Graphics" feature if you're going to run XP unless you enjoy rebooting over and over again to switch adapters.

Not at all. The 9-cell battery protrudes from the back of the laptop. My cousin took his X200 apart a few times and in the process bent some of the plastic 30, 40, 50 degrees-- a scary amount, and it flexed back just fine.

Usually the OS recovers and it doesn't bluescreen, but sometimes it crashes 5-6 times in a row before doing a BSOD for a finale. Brimstar-- I've been trolling around thinkpad-related forums and perhaps this is of interest to your problem. I'm half tempted to call Lenovo and complain about it and see if they'll let me send it back to have the screen replaced, but I wonder if a new screen the system freezes.....

My cousin took his X200 apart a few times and in the process bent some of the plastic 30, 40, 50 degrees-- a scary amount, and it flexed back just fine. I'm typing this on a T400 with integrated graphics, docked, and with a secondary panel connected via DVI. In informal testing it works as expected, and using the Intel graphics buys me about 2 hours of battery life if the gauge is to be believed. Mind you, this isn't 8 hours of idling, I was using it on and off when I needed to but otherwise doing other chores like paying bills and washing dishes and

It seemed to install OK, but I got a message which I've gotten with previous attempts, which says: "The Catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your Select Advanced and click Next. "Catalyst Control Center Notification" window will open. Alias ID: MIGR-70366, MIGR-70366-KR Document ID:DS003689 Last Updated :23 Jun 2014 © 2015 Lenovo About Lenovo Our Company News Investor Relations Social Responsibility Product Compliance Legal Information Jobs at Lenovo Shop I was going to do a clean install with Vista Ultimate 64, but I guess I'll stick with 32 for now.

My System Specs OS XP/7 futurejp View Public Profile Find More Posts by futurejp . 13 May 2009 #2 uerter Windows 7 1 posts I am also running my site The time now is 01:24. Here's what the test says:Primary Surface Test Test Started 1/6/2009 11:46:42 PM Warning Message: Error at pixel 0 0 : Input color 4042322160 not equal to output color 16249847. 1/6/2009 11:46:48 I dunno, get skinnier fingers?

At the command line, execute SETUP.EXE with the -uui option.Example: [Path where the files were extracted]\SETUP -uui   Determining which version is installed Right-click anywhere on an open area of the In the step 11 of the "Installing files" section, uncheck the checkbox next to "Install ..... I also tried this: ATI Catalyst™ Mobility Display Driver which I got to by selecting W7 32-bit > Mobility Radeon > Mobility Radeon HD 3000 series. We're having mixed results with access connections as well.

I think I covered the basics pretty thoroughly, at any rate. That being said, I don't care. I THINK it may have happened one time off-dock, but it's not nearly as regular. http://tbapplication.com/ati-driver/ati-driver-thinkpad-t42.html I ran out of options at the lenovo site so I dont know what to do now.

This is entirely Lenovo's setup that's causing the problem. If you're using VGA and not DVI and not using the Dock that avoids the combos that are so problematic with the Switchable graphics, which might explain why you don't have I'm a bit worried about the screen now, but I wonder if you just got a bad one.

It has the traditional TrackPoint "nipple" and a serviceable, though somewhat smallish, touchpad beneath the keyboard.

Sometimes, it doesn't work with WPA2 Enterprise systems only, sometimes it doesn't work with WPA2 Personal, and sometimes it just doesn't work. Jim Malusa Seniorius Lurkius Registered: Jan 7, 2009Posts: 2 Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:31 pm Greetings from a new member of the forum, a man having problems with his one-month Awesome review. Click Yes button to restart Windows.

It's crashed about a half-dozen times, blue screen. Discrete AMD Graphics Products That Do Not Support Windows® 10 The following is a list of graphics products that do not have driver support Windows® 10:ATI Radeon™ X1### Series/ATI Mobility Radeon™ could this also be ATI software issue?Thank you all for your help.Max Everyone's tags: adviceCassio'snothing. this contact form For what it's worth, there's a guy here who's "disabled" UAC a bit more stealthily than through the control panel or through registry edits.

see forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=T400_series_ThinkPads&thread.id=9898 There are other issues if you want to use the switchable in XP, Windows 7, Ubuntu etc. Maybe they (Intel or Lenovo) just didn't design the DVI output to be fed from either chipset. I love how bright it gets as I need to use it in full sunlight all the time. With "Switchable graphics" set to Intel graphics (ATI disabled), the screen at about 75% brightness, and the Energy Star (default) power profile, I was able to purposely disable Sleep mode and

My System Specs System Manufacturer/Model Number Home Brew OS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CPU i7 970 Motherboard ASUS Rampage III GENE Memory 9 GB Graphics Card 9600GT Monitor(s) Displays dual 24" You have to download and burn update disks and update from CD. The recommended driver for Windows XP SP2 users: Manual install users for ThinkPad R400,T400,T500,W500: 7YD126WW (8.712-100302b-097094C-Lenovo) Unattended install users for ThinkPad R400,R500,T400,T500,W500: Manual install users for ThinkPad R500: 7YD124WW (8.633-090710a-085325C-Lenovo) Microsoft Now Windows Security Center is angry at me because I dared to turn UAC off.

The Lenovo BIOS update utility can't run in a 64 bit Windows environment. Windows 7 Help Forums Windows 7 help and support Drivers » User Name Remember Me? Choose the folder you would like to download the file to and click the Save button. I actually like the ThinkVantage software (yeah yeah, bloatware, etc.) and am growing used to Vista.

Welcome to the Ars OpenForum. I know it's not. Locate the directory where the file was downloaded. It's not a big enough problem for me to lose sleep over.

Is there a link for the newest drivers that I can try to download? Am I worried about it?